Tips for What to Bring and How You Can Style It to Suit Your Loved One’s Personal TastesPathways Memory Care is a dementia care community in Houston, TX. We have spacious and modern apartments that you can accent with personal items to make it extra comfortable and inviting.
What floor plans are available?Our community has three modern and spacious apartments to choose from.
|The Reserve 278 sq. feet||Your loved one can relax and enjoy the peace and quiet in this cozy studio apartment with its own private bathroom.|
|The Grand 313 sq. feet||The Grand is the largest of all the apartment floor plans. This is a spacious studio apartment with plenty of space for a couch to lounge on while visiting with guests or watching television.|
|The Companion 206 sq. feet||Designed for two, this floor plan is perfect for partners or friends to room together. Sleeping areas are separate to allow for some privacy, and the apartment has its own designated bathroom.|
What should my loved one bring with them into memory care?Downsizing to a senior living apartment can be liberating! However, sifting through and disposing of decades worth of belongings can be a very emotional experience. Your packing must-haves will include the basics needed to sustain your loved one day-to-day as well as supplies necessary for individual hobbies and interests.
- Clothing for the different seasons, occasions, etc.
- Robe and slippers
- Coats and jackets
- Eyeglasses and/or hearing aids
- Cane, walker, wheelchair
- Purse or wallet
- Hobby supplies
- Electronics with chargers
How should we decorate my loved one’s room?All of our apartments are unfurnished. Feel free to bring some personal items to add a special flair and make yours feel like home. There are lots of ways to get creative in small spaces; here are some ideas:
- Choose colorful decorative sheets and blankets for your bed.
- Toss a few throw pillows for the bed and/or couch for an instant pop of color.
- Bring stuffed animals with significant meaning.
- Sprinkle framed photos of family and friends throughout the space.
- A large mirror can make a room feel larger than it really is.
- Create an accent wall with removable peel-and-stick wallpaper.
- Make use of every corner with seating and/or tables.
What is memory care?A memory care community is designed for seniors who need dementia care. Our Cherish memory care program provides round-the-clock support for our residents. We have a licensed nurse on-site at all times. Our dedicated team specializes in memory care and assists with activities of daily living; we also carefully track behavior and medications. Our community is a secure environment that is specially-designed to provide stimulating activities and outings to memory care residents.
What amenities are available?Pathways Memory Care feels like an actual community filled with people from all backgrounds with a variety of interests. We offer plenty of amenities for your loved one’s enjoyment and convenience and encourage our residents to take advantage of all we have to offer.
- Beautifully landscaped courtyard
- Three brain-healthy meals and snacks every day
- Activities room for hobbies and exercise
- 1,200-square-foot greenhouse for cultivating your green thumb
- Concierge service for visits or any coordination questions
- Convenient hair salon
Come check out your loved one’s new home!If you want to make sure that your loved one’s apartment is warm and inviting and fits their individual personality, Pathways Memory Care is sure to be the right fit.
Are you looking for a memory care community in Houston for your loved one that feels like home? Contact us today to schedule a tour.